In keeping with the over-arching trend for natural complexions, this season, lips were barely there at all, with a nude lip often meaning just that – nude. In keeping with the stark softness and monochromatic tones of the grey trend, there was a modern ease to the look.
“We found ourselves spending a lot of time prepping lips, first by scrubbing them with Wet Wipes, then applying a lot of lip balm, waiting a second or two, then scrubbing them again with Wet Wipes, and re-applying lip balm” says Max Factor Global Creative Director Pat McGrath.
For many shows, that was where the process stopped, with a neutral shade of lip balm. Where color was added, it remained natural. At Calvin Klein, the shade was muted rose.
TIP: Where Pat McGrath wanted all the models to have a uniform lip shade, she would apply base to their lips first. “If your lips are naturally dark, apply a touch of foundation or concealer first to take out your lip’s natural color – it will intensify your chosen shade of lip balm or lipstick.”
GET THE LOOK:
1. Start the look with glowing skin, by applying Max Factor Luminizer Foundation to the face with fingertips
2. Warm up the complexion using a sweep of Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick in Maroon Dust, blending it up the cheekbones with the fingertips for a subtle contouring effect
3. Add a flush of blush to further define the cheekbones by sweeping Max Factor Flawless Perfection Blush in Classic Rose over the apples of cheeks
4. Next, use Max Factor WILD Shadow Pencil in Ferocious White to add a touch of light to the inner corners of the eye, cheekbones and cupid’s bow
5. Groom eyebrows to perfection using Max Factor Eye Brow Pencil in Hazel
6. Create definition to the eyes using Max Factor Wild Shadow Pen in Caramel Rage to contour. Apply the shadow from the inner corner of eyes to the outside and then soften into crease using fingertips for a halo effect
7. Intensify the natural balmy lip look by applying ￼￼Max Factor Masterpiece Master touch Concealer across the lips to take out the natural colour then follow up with a slick of Max Factor Lipfinity Lipstick in Topcoat.